Friday, February 11, 2011

Is everyone still reading?

Everyday when I get on our computer and check my e-mail and facebook, I check The Fellowship just in case someone posts something. And everyday I'm disappointed. Nobody writes anything, nobody shares anything. Well I will.

I received my package from EPM and I'm enjoying the videos, especially the one with Donald Miller. Randy Alcorn does a great job of explaining things. If we get together when this book is done, maybe we can watch it. I also received a small group study guide and I really like it. It doesn't force you to read the whole book, although I don't know why you wouldn't, but has a condensed version split up into 5 day a week lessons for 6 weeks. Our church is doing a different format of SS and are looking for people to teach 12 week classes with a multitude of subjects. So I actually talked to the pastor about doing this one. It's kind of out of my comfort zone but I'm certainly excited about it. And we also got a wonderfully illustrated children's book by Randy Alcorn called Wait Until Then. I read it to Suzie and got choked up way too many times. I highly recommend it too. So I'll sign off with a just WAIT UNTIL THEN!

2 comments:

  1. Doug, Doug, Doug, of course I'm reading. I recommended the book to my Mom and Grandma and they're going to read it and go through the workbook with me. My Grandma will be really challenged by Randy's words and ideas and I am excited to pass this book on to her. I believe it will give her much hope as it has me. If anything, I just love that my mind is more often thinking about eternity because of this book. I'm glad I don't have to turn into an angel; they're too manly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True...manly and scary too. I don't think you will ever be scary, Laurie. I've got Ken Rose reading the book now also.

    ReplyDelete