Thursday, February 3, 2011

As I was reading this morning....@ 5:30 lest any of you continue to question my life of semi-retirement, I skipped to the back of the book where I found Randy Alcorns website, www.epm.org. It stands for Eternal Perspective Ministries and the website is great. But be warned, I couldn't resist some of the resources and my wife busted me as I was trying to order. They have been looking for options for new SS classes at church, so I ordered some options to investigate. I also ordered a book called "Wait Until Then". It is an illustrated book about a Grandpa who is old and dying of cancer and his grandson in a wheelchair talking about whether there will be baseball in heaven. Tell me how I was supposed to not buy this book? And then the clincher, 100% of the proceeds of the book go to Joni & Friends. And then I love Donald Miller and his books and guess what, there was a dvd of Donald and Randy discussing Heaven. Again, how could I resist? I'll keep you updated on it all.

1 comment:

  1. You have brought a smile to my face this evening, Doug. Not to get to mushy or anything, but, I really do miss you. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete