Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Books

Yes, books, plural. The reason is that we are trying something a little different this month. We're all reading a different book and we'll comment on it and let others hear our thoughts about each of the books we're reading. Then we should comment on each others thoughts.

So Doug is reading "The 12th Imam" by Joel Rosenberg. I'm not sure if Patti is reading it too or reading another one. (I'd love to hear your thoughts as well, Patti, you're a good thinker) Adam and Katie are reading "Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life" by Donald Whitney. Or maybe you're not, but that's the one you said BLBC was doing this month with the Outfitters so I am just assuming. Laurie and I will be reading the new Rob Bell book, "Love Wins," and we can't wait to share our thoughts with you about it. And Leigh Anne, I'm not sure. We'd love to hear from you, Leigh Anne. Read anything, and let us know what you think:)

I miss all of you and I check this blog daily to see if any of you posted anything, hoping to stay connected at least in this little way. That's not to make any of you feel guilty, it's to tell you how much y'all mean to me.

Looking forward to hearing about your books. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe LA can read a book on BATS! You'll have to ask her about it.

    The 12th Imam is of course fiction but it is very exciting. It even has some romance so my wife would also enjoy it. The main character is a young man whose parents left Iran during the time of the Shah (79) and is now back in Iran as a CIA agent disguised as a telecommunications expert. The leaders of Iran are looking for the appearance of a messiah like holy man or the 12th Imam. It appears to the CIA that nuclear weapons will be used on Isreal and others as a way to usher in the time of this 12th Imam. I'm in the middle of the book right now and this 12th Imam character has just appearred to Irans leaders and will be making his presence known to the leaders of the other Muslim countries soon.

    I'm very interested in Rob Bells book too. Hows it going?

    I also taught the 1st SS class on Heaven. It went well and I'm getting excited about it. Someone bought up the pleasing aroma of roasting sacrifices and I barely contained myself. We took some ribeyes from the freezer (thanks Millers!) and cooked them at my parents house in FL and they were so good.... :)

    ReplyDelete